25 October 1864
- 1760 – George III was crowned King of Britain.
- 1812: The frigate, USS United States, commanded by Stephen Decatur of Maryland, captured the British frigate HMS Macedonian.
- 1929 – Kent Alber B. Fall, of U.S. President Harding‘s cabinet, was found guilty of taking a bribe and sentenced to a year in prison with a $100,000 fine.
- 1962 – Ambassador Adlai Stevenson presented photographic evidence to the United Nations Security Council of Soviet missile bases in Cuba.
- 2000 – AT&T Corp. announced that it would restructure into a family of four separately traded companies.
© 2016 Grey Hand Media
All Rights Reserved
From Today in Southern History Original Story