Nine Ways to Improve the Constitution
1) Forbid subsidies of any kind without direct and complete repayment by those benefited.
2) Clarify the Commerce Clause and extend the enforcement of no payment of public money to any private endeavor or “internal improvement”.
3) The Post Office to be self-supporting.
4) All Bills (proposed legislation) to be single topic and that topic to be expressed in the title of the Bill. No riders, add-ons, mark-ups, or unrelated provisions allowed.
5) Federal officers operating solely within the boundaries of a state will be answerable to the State legislatures thereof.
6) All Federal budget items to be final, with no “slush funds”.
7) The Executive will not be allowed to appoint dept. heads without Congressional approval. “Recess Appointments” are strictly and specifically prohibited.
8) The Congress cannot draft or pass Constitutional amendments, only a convention of States. Proposed amendments then to be forwarded directly to the people for ratification by plebiscite.
9) The President and Vice-President to be limited to one 6-year term, and are not eligible to succeed themselves in office.
Sound reasonable? Sure. Sound familiar? They should. All of these items have already been provisions of an American Constitution. Not the …
Read more at the Sons of Confederate Veterans
(The opinions in this article are the opinions of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of Southern Nation News or SN.O.)