24 November 1963
On this date in 1963…
Jack Ruby shot and mortally wounded Lee Harvey Oswald, the accused assassin of U.S. President John F. Kennedy.
- 1832 – South Carolina passed its Ordinance of Nullification and declared the Tariffs of 1828 and 1832 null and void within the state’s borders.
- 1861 – Federal troops gained a foothold on Tybee Island, Georgia.
- 1863 – Battle of Lookout Mountain, Tennessee.
- 1969 – Apollo 12 landed safely in the Pacific Ocean bringing an end to the second manned mission to the moon.
- 1996 – Rusty Wallace won the first NASCAR event to be held in Japan.
© 2022 Grey Hand Media
All Rights Reserved