29 May 1736
On this date in 1736…
Patrick Henry was born in Studley, Hanover County, Virginia colony.
- 1677 – The Pamunkey, Roanoke, Nottaway and Nansemond Tribes of the Powhatan Confederacy signed the Treaty of Middle Plantation establishing peace with the English settlers in Virginia colony.
- 1721 – South Carolina was formally incorporated as a royal colony.
- 1765 – Patrick Henry denounced the Stamp Act before Virginia‘s House of Burgesses.
- 1787 – The “Virginia Plan” was proposed to the U.S. Constitutional Convention.
- 1988 – NBC aired “To Heal A Nation,” the story of Marylander, Jan Scruggs’ effort to build the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
© 2022 KnowSouthernHistory.Org
All Rights Reserved